Today I present my longest (10:45) and most ambitious video to date. In order you’ll see:
- 0:20 Mark — Margerie Glacier in Glacier Bay, includes:
- An impressive ice calving event at the 1:50 mark and another at 2:02
- 2:15 Mark — Images of the Norwegian Sun transiting Glacier Bay with additional glaciers
- 3:42 Mark — Norwegian Sun’s sunset transit past the majestic mountains of Wrangell – St. Elias National Park with stunning images of snow-capped mountains bathed in the reddish glow of a setting sun
- 4:22 Mark — Hubbard Glacier, includes:
- A column of ice probably close to 200 feet/60 meters tall breaking off from the glacier and crashing into Disenchantment Bay at 6:18
- 8:20 Mark — Portage Glacier
Beginning next week I’ll return to our Chile-to-Los Angeles cruise. You’ll recall we got sidetracked with Alaska following my presentation of the Costa Rican jungle. We’ll take up with our next stop on that voyage — Nicaragua.
As for this week’s remaining blog post, it’s a Fun Firearm Friday with a look at another historic firearm.